ANIMATE! MIAMI is on the lookout for panelists and performers to help make our November 2014 event as amazing as possible! If you're interested in hosting a panel or event at ANIMATE! MIAMI or being a performer at the show, please let us know.
Here are some guidelines:
1. All requests must be submitted no later than October 12, 2014 to give us time to get it on the schedule and in the program guide. Early registration is September 25, 2014. Panel and Event requests submitted by the September 25 deadline will be given priority.
2. Preparation goes a long way. Be sure you complete your request form completely and accurately. Check to ensure that your topic is relevant, your descriptions accurately match your panel’s title and content, and show us that you have put a great deal of thought into your presentation.
3. Panels should reflect an aspect of the fandoms we represent. Animate! Miami does reserve the right to reject panels if we feel the material is not appropriate for our convention.
4. Make sure your panel is appropriate. We pride ourselves on being family friendly, which means that your event is not demeaning, rude, embarrassing, or derogatory to anyone.
5. Guest panels have priority. Because scheduling for these panels can be erratic and take up much of ‘prime-time’ programming between Noon and five pm on Saturday and Sunday, being flexible on your scheduling increases the chances we will find an acceptable time-slot for your panel.
6. Notify us immediately of any changes or problems as soon as they arise.
7. It is the responsibility of the panelist to meet with the AV team at the convention at least an hour before their panel starts if they wish to use computers or other devices in their panel. Please note that we do NOT provide laptops in the panel rooms.
8. Be respectful to our staff, volunteers, attendees and the other panelists.
9. Start on time and end on time. All panels should end in enough time for you to clean up and remove your materials so the next panel can start on time.
10. Be a registered attendee at Animate! Miami. Panelists do not receive a pass for the convention.
11. Animate! Miami will notify all panelists if their panel has been accepted by November 1, 2014.
12. Every attempt will be made to ensure that the Panelist/s will be scheduled for their preferred day and time, and we will also attempt to avoid scheduling the Panelist/s for any major events that the Panelist may have an interest in attending, though no guarantees can be made. Make sure to note any event that you do not want to miss on the Panel Request Form.
13. We will provide av support, within reason. Please note that laptops are NOT provided. We strongly encourage you to have a back-up plan because regardless of how well you or we plan.
If requesting time for a panel or event, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
A) Event you are applying for. In this case ANIMATE! MIAMI November 2014
B) Full name
C) Email Address
E) Have you ever hosted a panel at a convention before? Yes or No. If yes, which ones?
F) Name of Panel or Event you would like to host
G) Length of time requested for Panel or Event (Note: Most panels are 45 minutes to 1 hour)
H) Panel Description. Please be specific on what you would like to do.
I) What day/time is preferred? When are you not available to host the panel/event? Also, are there any main events that you don't want to miss? Let us know so we don't schedule your panel at the same time.
J) What A/V support do you need for your panel/event.
K) If you are under 21 years old, please let us know your age. Please be aware that you must be 16 years old to host a panel or event.
L) Emergency Contact Name
M) Emergency Contact Phone Number
Thank you for your application. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
If you are looking to perform at Animate! Miami, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
A) Event you are applying for. In this case ANIMATE! MIAMI 2014
B) Performer or Group Name:
C) Contact Name:
E) Cell Phone:
F) Number performing members in act:
G) City from which your act hails:
H) Are you a past Animate! Miami, Anime Supercon, or Florida Supercon performer? If yes, what was the last year performed:
K) You Tube:
L) Other Social Network Pages:
M) Other Websites used for promotion:
N) Brief Act Description:
Short 50 word or less description of the act. Focus on most current or notable information about the act.
O) Full Bio:
P) What days are you available to perform:
Q) Do you want a Merchandise Table on the convention floor?:
R) Performance references: Please include at least 2 references to events where you have performed.
S) Additional Needs:
Any needs not listed above that are required by the performing act to appear at Animate! Miami. Items listed here will be considered as requirements, and will affect the selection process.
T) Additional Information:
Information not listed that may help the Guest Committee, such as a professional partner that is also applying, and you wish the applications to be considered together.